Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure if I'm going. The Brine tryout was really weird and dissapointing. In the long run I'm glad because it looks like it would have been very expensive. Now everyone is saying unless you play for YJ you won't make the team.

Is the Underarmour tryout fair? I just want fair, I work really hard so that maybe, just maybe my dedication and hard work will give my parents a much needed finacial break if I can get some money by playing lax in college. I have accepted that things are not always fair and "who you know" plays a large part in "where you go". My best friend plays because her dad makes her play, she would rather run track. Lacrosse is my life, I do play other sports but it's mostly to keep in shape, although surprisingly enough there is college interest in soccer by some pretty cool schools.
Anyway, I just want to know if underarmour is worth it or if I should skip it, since the schoolgirls thing sounds like a skip. Thanks guys

What was wrong with Brine? they selected 40 girls to make it through to the next round. hopefully you got the nod. The second round is $150.. not that much $$, plus you get a little swag even if you don't make the tournament team.
School girls is a must try-out. first you must be selected by your HS coach, that's an "honor" in itself. second you get the opportunity to try-out against the best girls on LI, also an "honor". And if If you make it... wow.. thats really an honor.
Under Armour is also a must try-out.. there will be college coaches watching from the sidelines. you can be noticed whether you make the final team or not. The "best" girls will make the team regardless of club..although if its a tie, you would be better off being on YJ

Thank you for your answer. I like this site because so many people have experience which is very helpful. Like I said in my original post, my parents are not wealthy and I'm hoping, even though I know the chances are vety very small, to get some financial help playing lacrosse in college. Just one more question-do college coaches really look at high school film? Please don't respond with mean or sarcastic answers, I'm just trying to get as much information as I can.

there is plenty of $$ in girls lax-my daughter received 50% for lax and then another 25% academic. From our experience almost everyone on UA was
already verbally committed. In girls lax most dont use film...most recruiting is done at showcases and summer tournaments

BTW school girls is now open to everyone ...you do not need a coach rec

Although the deadline to sign up was April 23rd. Walk-ons not permitted

Is that true anyone could have signed up for the tryout? Why wasnt it advertised that way? Why wouldnt the highschool coaches tell the girls that? Instead they make it look like they are doing you a favor by giving you an invite to a tryout that anyone could attend. You have to love these coaches!