Originally Posted by Anonymous
No parents allowed at all! Not even the ones manning the Mount Sinai concession stand!!!!

Doesn't US Lacrosse and LIMLF realized that when you hold closed tryouts it adds to the potential problem. Why not open the tryouts and have them be completely transparent so that the general public can really see how the kids play? It's much harder for the evaluators to hand select the girls they want when everyone has a chance to see everyone play.

Biggest used to mean the best. Not anymore. That's why politcs and money should not be involved in this tryout.

Last year you could watch from a distance , I think it should be a closed tryout. At the Brine tryout you had parents following their kid around and giving them instruction etc.If you think having all the parents there would be better I think you are crazy. Why does everyone feel there is a conspiracy , did kids make teams they did not deserve last year ? My kid made team two and I think more Liberty kids than YJ , maybe 3 YJ kids .My daughter does not play club lax as her town team does a lot but did not seem biased to me , I admit not very familiar with the kids on the top team and where they play club lax so maybe that is where all the problems are.That being said I would expect that the greatest number of players would be from YJ as they are the biggest club.