Also as a parent of a young lacrosse player (10 year old), I explain to him as if he is a little man what has been and continues to go on. I teach him that life isn't fair and people will constantly try and break/bend the rules. That being said, he should work hard to overcome those obstacles. Although the wins may not pile up he will feel good about playing fair and being honest. Nothing will be given to him for free, nor should he expect it! Other towns have better programs, accept it, work hard and move on. Other teams have better coaches, make the best of what you have, move on. Other kids have more privileges, elite camps and private lessons, move on. Have fun, play the game and build friendships. All life lessons, and that is what I feel is my job as a father, to prepare him for lifes obstacles. There will always be someone in his life who he will compete against that has an advantage, work hard and do the best you can do. Take that advice and you will succeed I tell him! Study hard, keep fishing and hunting and camping with me and play sports. Be well rounded, I feel that will serve him better in life.