Originally Posted by Anonymous
And against the top teams in Suffolk she wasn't able to put up big numbers. A top 100 player puts up consistent points when the competition gets better. Give her time to mature her game and she should make the list in the next year or two.

That is a silly thing to say! Girl is #15 in points and assists. She scores and assists in all games and is one of the most important players on a decent team. Better than many upperclassman above her who are not getting most of their goals against the best teams. That doesn't even make sense, because all the top scoring girls get more points versing weaker teams. Fact still remains that she belongs in top 100 now, not in a few years. Stats don't lie! I don't even know her but have watched her play a few times and was very impressed!

Here is a stat for you, St A's, Manhasset , West Islip, Mt. Sinai and ESM all are undefeated (you can throw a 1 loss Garden City in there too). Not one of those teams have a kid in the top 20 in scoring in either county. Does that mean those teams shouldn't have kids in the top 100? It's a team game. The best players are the ones who make their team and teammates better! As far as the SE kid, she is a great player and nice kid! She may be deserving of the recognition, but STATS are not a very good argument! Especially when everyone plays very different schedules. The sad thing is, I am sure it is not the kids parents writing this (or I hope not) and the kid is building a reputation that is probably unwarranted.

The sad part is that it probably some jealous [lacrosse] stirring things up and building that reputation for her, even more sad is if these are adults.