Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't know why some of these high school polls include the P.G. schools. Having post H.S. players makes you a junior college in my opinion. It would be nice to see a public school only poll as well.

Get used to the not so new reality. The balance of power in H.S. lacrosse nationally has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. Public H.S. lacrosse is an after thought now when talking about the best in the country. Even on Long Island, arguably the last of the Mohicans when it comes to nationally recognized public H.S. lax, there are only maybe 10 towns that matter on the local scene and maybe 5 on the national scene out of dozens of districts that play. And even the best on the Island are two privates. Far cry from what it used to be. Even traditional powers like Manhasset have fallen off the national map because they never schedule the national powers in PA and MD. Beating up on Floral Park and others like it may make the record look good but actually substracts points from their strength of schedule and their standing on a national level. Garden City recognized this years ago and added much more meat to their schedule and therefore remains on the national scene. In fact I would argue that GC's games against out of state national powers have become more important than the Woodstick.

If not the powers in MD and PA because of the budget problems at Manhasset, at least they could schedule Pequa, West Islip, St Ants, Ward Melville etc. That would make them relevant again. There's no excuse if GC has so many powerhouse games on its schedule that Manhasset can't do the same. They are both Nasssau Class B.

Set's last best chance for a while at breaking out of Nassau is this year. Their attack with 1 soph, 1 jr and 1 sr will be very good and their defense will feature 3 strong srs including 2 D1 comits. The middle of the field is a weak link especially w no natural FOGO. Goalie is a question until proven otherwise. Once these seniors graduate its see you later for a while.