Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ivy League schools are good for some,and not so good for others. Some kids will excel in that atmosphere, others will not. Every one throws out stats about post grad acceptance, and annual starting salaries, and that is all good, but how many Ivy grads go unable to find work in there chosen career and wind up with tremendous debt? Yes many Ivy students get $300,000.00 dollar jobs, but so do kids from Stony Brook at a cost of what, $10,000.00 per year for in state kids. If you live on the north shore and money is no object, than the Ivy's are for you, but these days most players no longer come from Manhasset or Garden City, so money becomes a factor. I'm glad you're a C.E.O. of a company that starts grads at &300,000.00 , but most of us are plumbers and electricians , and we would appreciate it if you stopped looking down your nose at us

I don't see how there was any looking down of noses. It was simply stated that in that guys particular company; IVY grad school grads get a serious look wrt applications.

It cannot be disputed that many IVY grads become pretty successful.
I am sure that the liberal arts majors are contributing heavily the the unemployed IVY grad statistic. ;-)

Do bad at any school and your job prospects are pretty low. Do great at any school and they are correspondingly higher. Do great at an IVY and there is a good chance that you won't be unemployed.

And I'm pretty sure any plumber worth his salt can readily pay for an IVY school tuition !!
They charge as much or more than lawyers !! smile

Ack, smartphone won and my fingers fumbled. I was trying to post a "Like!" to this.