Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would also be interested to see in groups of 2 graduating years how many players from LI are in D1. Did the numbers of players go down or did the number of players go up (just not at the same rate as the rest of the country)?
The collegiate Class of 2017 (High School graduating Class of 2013) contained 115 Long Islanders attending NCAA Division I Lacrosse programs based on the data available. This represents an absolute drop of more than one dozen positions from the previous year.

Look at the numbers - really. Long Island still dominates.The ONLY increases are in NJ, Canada and Califrnia. CA is growing because the sport is growing in the west and this will continue as there is a huge population. Soccer is dominant out there and there is a lot of good young soccer talent that will be drawn to LAX as the sport grows. The trend in CA WILL contnue. As for Canada, it may just be that more colleges are starting to look at them versus just recruiting US players, this may also be a trend but I do not think the growth rate will contnue at the same rate over time.New Jersey - where is NJ???? I think the programs are picking up there on both the girls and boys side and think that they will have more dominant teams over the next several years. My guess is that they are made up of transplanted long islanders (just kidding). Long Island will drop slightly over time, but will always be very high on the list.