Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
On January 30th, an article was circulated in a major publication citing that recruitment from traditional hotbed locations had dropped with the entering collegiate Class of 2017.

[Linked Image]

While New [lacrosse], Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusettes, Connecticut and Washington DC account for 57.9% of the current Division I players, the incoming class only sees 54.8% of players from these same regions.

Is this a cause for concern? Well, if you are from Long Island, you cannot help but to notice the drop from 13.9% to 12.0% removing nearly 1/7th of the total. Could we be at the tipping point of the shift in regional representation?

On the flip side, New Jersey has seen growth in the same volume, percertage-wise.

Long Islanders and New Jersey residents should be very aware of this year's trend.

This was obviously coming and should NOT be a surprise to anyone. As the sport grows throughout the country, the numbers in the areas where lax was less existent will increase and the areas where it was dominant will drop.

Agreed, I am not sure id be to concerned with %. % can sometimes be misleading. I would be more interested in the "real" numbers these % represent. The numbers tell you the facts, % tell you a story.

I would also be interested to see in groups of 2 graduating years how many players from LI are in D1. Did the numbers of players go down or did the number of players go up (just not at the same rate as the rest of the country)?