Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Is this a cause for concern? Maybe. But, 13.9% of Div 1 players are from the area. This means that LI dominates the sport at the college level. I am sure there are ebbs and flows, just like with any statistic. The development of the club scene on Long Island will only further bolster our standing as the place for lax recruits. As the game grows nationally, it is a good thing that other areas in the US and Canada increase their recruitment into top level lacrosse. The game is only getting bigger. We should actually celebrate these numbers--unless u are a Baltimoron.
Typically, there are approximately 950 NCAA Division I spots on offer to a class in any given year based on the 67 institutions now playing Division I MLAX.

If there was a 1.9% decrease in Long Island's presentation in that pool, that translates to 18 offers. (950 x 0.019) In this sample, Long Island had 115 placed recruits in total.

BOTC would disagree with your assertion that the club scene will bolster these numbers in years to come. If you believe that club lacrosse is the lynchpin in player growth, note that we have had a well established club scene here for the last decade - so have New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. It is areas outside the traditional hotbeds that are now just growing their club scene.

So, if you are correct that the club scene will bolster numbers through training, it only serves to reason that non-hotbed areas will see continued growth at the expense of the traditional hotbeds.