Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey 429lax this was your quote
"To me, the toughest part of the tryout is making the commitment within 48 hours of the invitation. This might be a whole new thread, but I would like to hear what others think about this. On one side you have the players wanting to check out a couple of teams while the Clubs need answers right away to move on down the list and fill their rosters".
I don't know if you hold anyone up all im saying is that if you tryout for a team and they call you already know if you want to play for them or not. Lets say 10 people decide to wait passed the 48 hour deadline thats 10 kids at home saying hey dad did you hear anything yet. I just think the decision process should be quicker. Your in or your out, like black jack.
I have a simple solution for the tryout logistical nightmare, do what true blue did first 250 are in, after that if your organization decides to hold another tryout great more kids get a shot. maybe it will take 4 tryouts to get the best kids, maybe only one. Personally I think it should be a business expense for the teams to hold tryouts. Stop nickle and diming me and just write off your expenses. It's the cost of doing business.

If you have your son trying out for a team than you must trust the organization is going to do the right thing like get really good coaches. If you do not trust the organization than you should not be trying out for a spot.

I am just of the opinion (opinions are like A#$holes everyones got one) that the fee for a tryout is a total ripoff. I think it is nothing but a money maker for the business. Really do not believe that there is any benefit for my kid or myself. Just my opinion.

Seems to be working very well for fl$, the players and the parents. Thank God there are other teams out there cause fl$ is very expensive.

I agree with you on the try out fees. Total money maker, but not going away anytime soon.

With regard to teams letting people know about tryout results and kids holding up teams, it's all meaningless on the top teams. Many times there are kids who don't even try out and just appear on the team. Its usually a very talented player. You think your son or daughter is on the starting mid field. New kid shows up, and your kid is on the second line. Believe me, on any organizations top team it happens more than you know.