Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not really, but there is no need to try to convince you that there might be more funds available to your daughter than you might think. As long as you are happy with what you get and if Cage or anyone else says you should be happy with 25% or less than be my guest. I am sure the coaches will be very happy to give the money to someone else. Good luck! lol For the guy who got his daughter 70%, great job (i'm being serious). Your daughter will thank u in 4 years for making a rational decision!
When we are quoting 0.25 athletic scholarships, we have been clear that these are solid offers and present the average case.

The problem with too many of these posts is that an individual will post "I know several players that received 0.75" when in fact it might only be one or two such exceptional cases.

Then, our readers take that information and synthesize it to mean "everyone is getting 0.75" - I have no worries about financing college now.

BOTC is about education - not pointing out the extreme cases as being what the average family/student-athlete can expect. Doing anything else is a disservice to the lacrosse community.

The other portion of the discussion is the fact that an athletic scholarship can disappear within a season for injury or performance reasons which are both less likely to impact an academic scholarship.

We are trying to be the voice of reason in this discussion.