As usual someone has to go to the other extreme.

And no if you are from Mt Sinai you are not supposed to use Farmingdales track (unless you work in the town). I believe and Sage can look this up, if you live or work in a municipality you can for your personal use; use that municipalities fields.

I agree there is not enough field to practice on and some of these programs do abuse the usage. I also understand the question why am I paying for the use if I am paying for it in my taxes.

But the bottom line is, if it is school property you really do not have carte blanche to use it, (especially for a group) even if your tax paying dollars are paying for it.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.

Tearing up the fields? Are you guys kidding me? Would you rather the kids sit on their [lacrosse] and play video games? Are the fields supposed to sit empty and unused? Where is anyone supposed to practice? If I am from Mt Sinai do I need to pay a fee to use Farmingdale's track to walk or run on? Of course not. Your argument is really off base. I applaud these coaches for keeping the kids organized and playing because it sounds as if they were not participating in these practices and wandering the street you all would complain about that as well.