Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
But then again there is at least one HS coach who is also an elite club director. There is yet another side business attached to this which brings in money for help with the recruiting process. The lines get a little blurry.
Ah, yes, very true. I forgot about her. And she waives her "recruiting fee" (or whatever it's called) for her school players. What a sport.
There are many High School Varsity coaches that overlap interests with their premier/elite lacrosse training organizations. There are many High School Varsity coaches that run for-profit summer camps for a week or two. Whether we are discussing the State Winning Coach from Farmingale, Bob Hartranft, or others from Long Island, the story is the same.

The discussion that was on the table was about recruitment. In these overlap cases, the question is whether the player is more likely seen at a High School or Showcase/Camp event. Clearly the evidence presented thus far indicates that Showcases and Camps dominate the recruitment venues.

I would not say the story is the same with all Coaches. Since you mentioned Mr. Hartranft lets discuss what he really does.
Not only being Farmingdale Lacrosse for over 40 years but I believe he does a clinic in the summer for Farmingdale Kids. I do not believe that he owns an elite travel program nor does he travel around town to town, state to state with his version of a lacrosse camp.... So if you are going to mention names and tell everyone who does what Maybe you should mention the Chaminade coach that owns the elite Travel club Be the Best. Like you said lots of coaches have there side business, there is nothing wrong with that, the story however is not all the same with all....You should get your facts straight before you mention names....Lacrosse is a small knit community, if your son or daughter has talent they will be found....Yes you need to put some work into it and yes the travel teams do help. However they are not the end all...I was told that if my son really wanted to go somewhere to start writing letters to coaches and sending video....Nothing wrong with being proactive and advertising yourself... Lets also face it most of the parents on this board are going to be very dissapointed when little Johnny or Tina doesn't get a full ride to Duke...Put in some footwork...Don't rely on anyone...Action gets results and remember there is Division 2 and 3 for a reason...I would like my son to play and be happy where ever he lands.....