My son was recruited as he was seen at 2 different recruiting camps by the same college coach. These camps are by HS coach recommendation only. Not to say that it was tremendously "involved" but that's where it starts.

Just like the powerhouse HS teams get noticed so do the powerhouse Elite teams. Interesting to note that the powerhouse HS teams in Nassau have multiple players on multiple Elite teams. Seems to me these coaches will put personal agenda's aside to put the best team on the field. Shame on the town programs strong arming their players. There is also a substantial number of competent players on HS Teams that will never see a county championship. Go with what works for your child

Without question the most "involved" people are the parents and players themselves. In the end, there is always someone as good or better than your child. It comes down to grades and what you can afford. Lacrosse is an excellent opportunity to broaden your college selection. It also affords instant comradery for your child when they get there. Injuries end lacrosse careers, coaches switch programs, and schools change their athletic departments all the time. The best advice I was ever given was to be sure the player will be happy at the school even if they were NOT playing lacrosse.

If you can get an honest assessment of your child's ability, you will be better prepared to choose the right school. Education is still the primary purpose of going to college, right?