Originally Posted by CageSage
Remember that this thread was originally started to cover Tryouts Transparency; making sure that parents are getting sufficient disclosure and, if not, what can be improved for next year's tryout season.

Let's offer another idea. Several clubs this season have started to offer pre-tryout clinics (usually free) to allow parents and players to sample a program before plunking down money for a formal tryout.

Would more of these meet-and-greet clinics help parents and players map out their tryout season? Are these sessions proving useful to parents wanting to know the coaches in a new program?

What's Your View?

Great idea. More chances to show a coach your skills and get feedback. I think it is hard to catch all the players in two sessions of tryouts - but going beyond that is impractical. I think the coaches should charge and limit it to 20-25 players and schedule it. I know it is happening and has with other clubs - the kids show believe me. Anything for more exposure beyond the tryout chaos. I doubt extreme added anybody by surprise - they had to know kids from a prior workouts. And I think that is a good thing.