Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the discrepancy is in the definition of a “good coach”. If based strictly on dubs and knowledge of game, you have those with one opinion. If you want/expect a coach to care about your kid as a person, learn what motivates them and has the ability to make a connection and have fun, that’s another. I’d argue a good coach has the ability to do all of those things.

Than she would not be a good coach for half the girls on the team.

I'd add getting the absolute most out of your squad. So coach should probably be Liberty or Man Valley coaches. Winning the toughest conference in the country is obviously extremely difficult, TC has that going for her. But overall I'd go with Liberty or Man Valley coaches.

Why not Severna Park ? Liberty in weakest conference in state.

1A weaker than 3A yes. But Carroll County is absolutely stronger than AA. Liberty also won the battle of the champions tournament.

Absolutely stronger? based on quantity not sure quality. Guess it depends on how you are measuring.

1A state champ
2A state champ
3A state semifinalist
No 4A schools

I mean. That’s tough to argue.

AA County:
3A State Champs
4A State Champs (three straight years)
1A (1 team, won Region 1, lost to State runnerup by 3)
No 2A schools

Pretty close to being even I'd argue, even side with AACo given the bigger schools are better overall.

Carroll County:

1A State Champ beat 4A State Champ in regular Season.
2A State Champ beat Westminster by 14 at their place, not in overtime by 1. Beat 2 AA schools by a combined 39-3, including a Regional Winner (NE) 21-0. Also beat SR 18-3, a team SP gave up 13 goals to
3A Team lost to AA State Champ by 1 in OT
4A no teams, but the 4th and 5th place team in Carroll (2A Century & 1A South Carroll) would be a top 3 team in 4A and would challenge both Broadneck and Dulaney.

1A and 4A are, by far, the weakest of the 4 divisions. Severna Park is good, but i don' think AA has overall quality or quantity despite having 6 more schools. SP would finish top 3 in Carroll, Broadneck would be in a battle for a top 3 finish. No one else in AA would get within 8/10 goals of the top 5 teams in Carroll.