Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did summer tournaments go for everyone today? Any out of state teams impress?

NXT beat M&D by 5, MDU by 1 and tied Coppermine

Impulse was a decent turn out. No Heros or YJ but, In the top bracket;

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW looked like they have improved a ton. They won which was probably the second best division. Beating M&D red and Legends.

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

It was a bad day for M&D. All around but, their Black team just isn’t deep enough to play with top teams in these showcases where teams tend to give everyone equal playing time. The fall off in talent is noticeable. I expect them to struggle this summer.

Why in middle school when not a single college scout is there would there be equal playing time? I get it in HS showcases but if you’re paying to be on M&D in middle school, wouldn’t you want to play for a team where work and talent is rewarded and you play to win? I’m almost positive no team is playing M&D with an equal playing time mentality. Makes it tough to win those games.

Imagine putting player development over winning a 6th grade lacrosse game where nothing but bragging rights is at stake, M&D really needs to get their priorities straight.

Development is what practice is for. Games are where those who earned it, play. If you want to just get to play fine... that's called rec. This is the problem with club. It is so diluted that we now have an "everyone gets a trophy" rec mentality in club sports. It's made its way to the top.

This is the TOP club in the country per M&D. So yeah, you expect something a little different than a rec mentality. Every kid should have to earn their way on the field. This could also be why M&D is struggling to get kids these days at the younger ages. They have lost their edge imho.

Being able to play in games provides players with invaluable experience that playing in practice never will. Playing against different players, different defenses and offenses, decision making, handling the pressure, etc. To say there's no development to be had in games is just ridiculous, and if a player isn't being allowed to see the field, they need to go somewhere else. Also, saying that playing time is a reward for hard work (I assume your the same commenter as before) implies non-starters don't work hard, which is untrue.

Well said and in agreement, spot on. Players do work hard in practice, do show they "earn" playing time and belong out there. Some coaches ignore that and just play favorites or play to win at all costs, even when talent is similar. Game development is very important and surprising others don't see that.

Don't feed the trolls. These aren't even M&D parents. This is what happens, other clubs come on here and run their mouth to make M&D not appealing to their players and families. Just let the trolls go on and ignore them.