Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did summer tournaments go for everyone today? Any out of state teams impress?

NXT beat M&D by 5, MDU by 1 and tied Coppermine

Impulse was a decent turn out. No Heros or YJ but, In the top bracket;

NXT 2-0-1
Coppermine 2-0-1
MDU 0-2-1
MD Black 0-2-1

SW looked like they have improved a ton. They won which was probably the second best division. Beating M&D red and Legends.

SW 3-0
Legends 2-1
MDU West 1-2
M&D Red 0-3

It was a bad day for M&D. All around but, their Black team just isn’t deep enough to play with top teams in these showcases where teams tend to give everyone equal playing time. The fall off in talent is noticeable. I expect them to struggle this summer.

Why in middle school when not a single college scout is there would there be equal playing time? I get it in HS showcases but if you’re paying to be on M&D in middle school, wouldn’t you want to play for a team where work and talent is rewarded and you play to win? I’m almost positive no team is playing M&D with an equal playing time mentality. Makes it tough to win those games.

Story we get is it's the "M&D philosophy". Not sure how accurate that is or not and I have no issue with equal playing time if the kids deserve to be on the field and earn it. Meaning, they may not be there skill wise but they made the team, work hard and so they deserve time. However, there is zero accountability for bad selfish play or for not working hard in practice. At least in a showcase format because your playing time in a showcase is the same. Not exactly the ideal situation but it was made clear there would be equal playing time in showcases. So it's hard to be upset but can definitely be frustrating.