Originally Posted by Anonymous

A few things:
1. So the playoff seeds ended up being fair despite a lot of worry as up until last game, top teams vaulted into top seeds. The system works!
2. Yorktown over Mahopac but maybe not
3. JJ beats Rye due to faceoff, no McCarthy, and JJ having some more finishers
4. Pville again defeats Bcliff, maybe not in a blowout like regular season but with some buffer.
5. Scars vs Mamo who the heck knows? Scarsdale owns faceoff and coaching, Mamo has the playmakers

1. I'll concede that I was one of the ones banging on the seedings. Last day of the season and things cleared up a little. I do think it rewards softer scheduling but the on-field play almost always trumps it.
2. I think Yorktown is more of a tossup now than ever. Mahopac is on a roll BUT it will be really hard to go into Yorktown's home field and pull it off. Today will have two really good games...
3. I'll give JJCR the edge with everything you pointed out - Rye tends to figure it out though so it will be a good game I think. JJCR missed out by a goal next year and they are hungrier than ever!
4. P'ville i agree, but that Bronxville game was too close for comfort for me.
5. Mamo/Scarsdale will be another epic one.

Saw a lot of good team defense, very few transition chances, and some uninspiring offense in championship games. No games were great from neutral fan POV. For their class, Pville def looked like best team that could go far.

A- Scarsdale does it again. Not a pretty game. Scarsdale got nice Q1 lead and rode that to the W. They messed up less and had FO dominance. Mamo cut it to 8-7 but it didn't feel like they rallied, more like got some random goals. Lotsa soft calls on both sides kept slowing the game. Mamo goalie looked very scared, Scarsdale goalie did not. 3 in a row this way, wow.
B- Yorktown too good. They looked better throughout. So much good pressure on D.
C- Like Scarsdale, Rye grabbed a fast lead and it held up with good pressure D all game. Rye short fast middie dominated the ball. JJCR got nothing going on offense despite winning faceoffs easily.
D- Pville wins it as expected. Chippy stuff at end led to super weird triple man-down and ejections. Bcliff then could find some room and hit the goal to make it close. Never seen a faceoff with no players on the wings for either team.

A- No horse in the race but that was the absolute worst refereed game I have ever watched. Anyone able to explain the offensive charge on Mamaroneck when the defender ran through the riding midfielder that was initiating contact. The passes being called shots and being given to the wrong team. The late clear that was somehow deemed to have been tipped. His foot was in bounds but the ball was in bounds but one ref calls him out and they somehow it is overturned. How many huddles and confusing calls did they have to change or confirm.......and WOW someone should have mentioned that this is no longer a contact sport because every touch or knockdown was called. Scarsdale wins that game 10 out of 10 due to FOGO but the refs really ruined what could have been a good hard hitting battle like Mondays NCAA Final......and please add a shot clock to public lacrosse. Holding the ball for 3 minutes and no stall calls is boring. HORRIBLE GAME TO WATCH. I know no one wants to ref but for Sectional finals maybe try to find a crew with a clue.

Scarsdale Coach > Mamaroneck Coach
Stop it. A 3 goal win with 90% possession after being up 6-1 at half and youre gonna call that a coaches win? This board ceases to amaze me with the ridiculous comments. This was Dals game plan, FOGO get us the ball and then we can hold it for 3-4 minute possessions and rip shots at a freshman goalie when you get bored. Coaches made no difference in this game. Talent at specialty positions, fogo and goalie, were the difference.
Put Scarsdale FOGO on Mamaroneck and Mamaroneck wins by more than 3. Even with the bad refs.