Originally Posted by Anonymous
No real surprises in the win/loss column yesterday.

Yorktown is going to need more offensive firepower than the 8-5 edge they had on L/P to beat Mahopac in the finals.

Mahopac is peaking perfectly and they are more ready for this final than any other team is across all classes. It's hard to beat Yorktown twice in a season, it's going to be even harder in the finals AT Yorktown, no less but I think they are the best team to make it happen.

Rye and JJCR are headed for a battle. They each had a relatively light day in the semi-finals. My money right now is on Jay but it should be a great one.

I don't think I am coming off my prediction that it's a Mamo/Scarsdale final in A and D it's Pleasentville and Briarcliff. Today will not be an easy one for the Panthers, but i think they pull it out by 2-3.

A few things:
1. So the playoff seeds ended up being fair despite a lot of worry as up until last game, top teams vaulted into top seeds. The system works!
2. Yorktown over Mahopac but maybe not
3. JJ beats Rye due to faceoff, no McCarthy, and JJ having some more finishers
4. Pville again defeats Bcliff, maybe not in a blowout like regular season but with some buffer.
5. Scars vs Mamo who the heck knows? Scarsdale owns faceoff and coaching, Mamo has the playmakers