Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any clubs need a goalie?

If you are good enough, almost every club will make room.

We haven't found that to be the case so far. Likely because teams are set and more in a showcase mode now. This isn't a case of jumping club to club. No club affiliation at all and trying to find somewhere soon ...at least before fall.

Might as well go to Skywalkers and M&D tryouts since they still have open tryouts at this age and they each have two teams.

We are signed up for M&D in July. I didn't think Skywalkers had open tryouts once HS age. The website doesn't list a tryout for 26s. I guess we will have to call and see.

SW still have open tryouts. However, you better be an all American to crack the roster for their 26 blue team.

Their goalies are that good? It may not be worth it if they are.

Both will likely go mid to high D1

So, the SW Blue goalies are either mediocre or both are destined for a school like Delaware on the low end and UVA on the high end. That's a pretty big gap in assessments.

Regardless of that, SW has the same two goalies the last 3 years so would be difficult to break into that. To say another way I doubt they are “looking” for goalies. There are likely other teams that have only 1 goalie and would be looking to add another.

Sounds like a worried goalie parent.