Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A couple of upsets and one big surprise in the start of the Quarters:
JJCR, Mahopac, Greeley and Yorktown all won easily.

The 2 big upsets are the L/P win over Somers and Pelham going home at the hands of Hen Hud. Pearl River with a solid win as well.

BIG surprise was Rye needing OT and a comeback to overcome Byram who had a 2 goal lead late in the 4th and had two great looks in OT as well.

C is probably the most balanced class this year.

Sure seems that Somers wasn't ready/prepared for L/P. One L/P parent was shocked Somers, especially since Somers has more talented players than L/P.

Has the countdown clock started for Coach VD. His coaching career involves New Canaan, Put Valley, Greeley and Somers.
No Way. Vin is one of the top coaches in Section 1. Tell me any other coach in the section that does not have multiple stops?
He was pushed out of Greeley by the administration when he was coach of the year and went to the finals (broken record much?)
True, Somers did not live up to their preseason hype, but I wonder if that was players relying on that hype and not living up to it? I don't have insider knowledge but I can't believe he's on the hot seat after 1 down-ish year. They were relatively young this year too.