Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of girls leave these tryouts bummed they didn’t get that many touches or a chance to show what they can do, and they’re gonna let girls come for “practice”??? That just seems off, or as a was stated, an opportunity to get paid for however many extra tryout registrations. Sounds like AU Futures was the way to go.

I have a 29 and a 28, I know both 29 kids who tried out. Well, both girls play for McDonough and Taylor was very much involved. Both kids are holdbacks so it's really not that impressive. Both kids parents believe they are the best players on their team (just got to the 29 forum and read the recent comments about the Heros and M&D game). Both kids aren't even the best players on their teams but play the same game, charge through all right handed with your head down and shoot as hard as you can through a defender. And, I was there with my 28, both kids are attackers and didn't even sniff a shot in the games yet made the team. So their game isn't even good against kids on age. 100% Taylor Cummings pulling strings. Politics. Welcome to lacrosse in Maryland folks.

Wow. There is a lot of anger in this post in a forum on 7th grade girls. I have no idea why the two girls were selected or who they are. It is a big stretch to think TC was pulling strings to ensure 2 6th graders made the team just because they go to McDonogh. I seriously doubt TC even knew they were trying out. She is listed as one of the main event coaches. But so is BR from MVP and CD from RPCS. Two other coaches are directors from Heros and SW. But TC is the only one who is pulling the strings?

Exactly. TC would never get involved at this level. I was at the tryout and one of the 29s played with my daughter a long time ago. The one I know is definitely of 6th grade age and my daughter said they both looked great. The field was far away so maybe the 28/29 Dad has bad eyesight because they scored frequently. Kids play up all the time. As long as they didn’t break any rules like playing too old why are you so upset 29/28 Dad? My daughter didn’t make the team either, Our conversation was let’s work on having a better tryout next time. We are not upset my 28 was beaten out by a 29 who played better.