Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are rumors that the Balto UA 25 coach is already reaching out to girls essentially offering them spots well before tryouts. Could just be rumors who knows. But UA is super political. And I’m not disgruntled- my daughter didn’t tryout last year and won’t be in town this year so I have no dog in this fight. But having witnessed this process for more than 6 years it’s ALWAYS politics. That’s not to say many girls who make it don’t deserve it - but there’s also ones who don’t. At least with Am Select club/HS ciaches can’t influence who is picked

But club coaches determine who plays. At least for AA, the person picking the team is the same one coaching it so coaches don't end up with bloated rosters or kids they don't want.

Yes, which is why both teams lost last year. Best girls were on bench, while club coach played/started their girls who were overmatched and lost game. Sad

It would be better for all involved is that folks picking the team were the same ones coaching the team. More likely for most of the kids who make the team to actually get decent playing time.

Disagree with that. Should be real independent observers picking the teams. And should just be numbers. Not names. Oh. And only 1 team unlike AS who lets everyone play on Long Island. But I paid my 625$ again.