Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could Coppermine success or failure depend on the refs? They, to me, are one of the more physical teams we play and I’ve seen them get 6 YCs in a game, if refs don’t call it tight, it’s a huge benefit to them.

Only works against equal talent teams. If the decide they want to play overly-physical ball against Hero's or M&D type teams, it won't do them any good. Even SW has a few physical players.

Those teams have the type of kids who can put a physical hurting on teams if that's the way it has to go. But they (unlike Coppermine) don't need to because of the skill players.

I don't think lack of skill is why some teams are physical and others aren't. Highschool lax is literally 5x times more physical, so these girls are just fine- they just need to adjust accordingly. At this stage of 27 club level, all the average and above teams have, at the very least, average skilled players at all positions. And unless kids are running 4.3s and intercepting every passes, there is no way to play good D without a moderate level of physicality. If you're going to cry about it, pray for a tight ref or put a helmet on your child.

What was the skywalkers final score? I saw them up 7 to 2 before half (and dark). The D looked physical and the refs were calling it pretty tight from what I saw. Anywlone know the M&D age group that played the 6pm game?

I8

Put a helmet on your child... which really means, we play dirty so be ready. It is across the Coppermine brand. Physical play is okay, dirty play is not. But as you can see on this forum (across all ages) the reputation has been established.

We have played Coppermine many times and completely disagree with any comment about them playing dirty. I have found their parents to be pleasant and in no way encourage dirty play. Some kids are just more aggressive and physical than others. They have their share of timid girls too. I don’t think we have any dirty teams in our Mid-Atlantic NGLL. Now NY teams that generally wears helmets do tend to be more physical and more swipes above the head.

Clarification. By wear a helmet I was referencing the implication, based on the sensitivity I picked up, you don't like physical play. I don't condone dirty play. However, I have watched my kid play physical and heard parents whine about it, despite it not being a foul. Even girls lax has a significant amount of legal rough play. And honestly, I don't want helmets to turn lax into a combat sport, but it is an option.

Now, Ive not seen what i would consider dirty play from Coppermine. And, I'd say there are a FEW reasonable and nice Coppermine parents(who don't strike me as advocating for dirty play). Coppermine, like a few teams, has its "my kid is incredible, im incredible" parents. But so what? Don't stand near them. Or don't talk to them.

Renegade parents have consistently been unsavory, more so than any team I've ever seen.

I had no idea age and grad year were such a big deal in girls lax. It makes sense, I just had no idea.
Based on results and watching a few games. A few observations (although some are obvious)

M&D Shore may be a bit better than thought. 2-0 start despite playing less than stellar competition is still 2-0

Hero's Green appears in mid-season form

BLC needs to lean on their talented scorers. The ball control offense they employ makes it tough to come back from when down.

Pride Red 0-2. Still a top team, but that's a tough schedule to begin the season. Can't afford too many more losses if trying to make playoffs. A loss to SW would probably keep them out of playoffs

SW has a tough weekend coming up. Probably involved in both best games of the weekend. Against Hero's and Pride. SW have a few girls looking for a little revenge against their former Hero's team.

Any optimism of Renegades potentially making a playoff run is in trouble. Losing 2 games this weekend against softer teams. Plus they have games against Coppermine, Hero's and M&D. Always next year.

i wouldn't say the SW games are going to be the best for SW. Why are those few girls on SW looking for revenge against Hero's? Are they still upset about being cut?
Don't be daft. If you play an old team, whether by being cut, traded or other, there is going to be some energy. You know, like if you kept rubbing it in that someone's kid got cut, that parent might have "energy" towards you... and vice versa if the tables were turned. But, fortunately everyone gets to hide behind their keyboards...

The best part is neither of the hero’s girls on SWB got cut last year. This is just a jackoff that gets off on spreading rumors about 14 year old girls. I guess if that makes you sleep better at night. I think it is just pathetic.