Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could Coppermine success or failure depend on the refs? They, to me, are one of the more physical teams we play and I’ve seen them get 6 YCs in a game, if refs don’t call it tight, it’s a huge benefit to them.

Only works against equal talent teams. If the decide they want to play overly-physical ball against Hero's or M&D type teams, it won't do them any good. Even SW has a few physical players.

Those teams have the type of kids who can put a physical hurting on teams if that's the way it has to go. But they (unlike Coppermine) don't need to because of the skill players.

I don't think lack of skill is why some teams are physical and others aren't. Highschool lax is literally 5x times more physical, so these girls are just fine- they just need to adjust accordingly. At this stage of 27 club level, all the average and above teams have, at the very least, average skilled players at all positions. And unless kids are running 4.3s and intercepting every passes, there is no way to play good D without a moderate level of physicality. If you're going to cry about it, pray for a tight ref or put a helmet on your child.

What was the skywalkers final score? I saw them up 7 to 2 before half (and dark). The D looked physical and the refs were calling it pretty tight from what I saw. Anywlone know the M&D age group that played the 6pm game?

I8

27s I assume