Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Mary’s may need to win it this year. 20 plus seniors and no younger talent behind them. Younger talent and the Hawks pipelines are heading to Spalding now. How does this happen?

STM got a good amount of the 2027 Hawks and quite a few 2026 Hawks. They also got some ProStart, PLC and NL kids

Not the ones that matter. Spalding is heavily courting the 2028 hawks/7th graders I am hearing. Heavy recruiting the top third of that team. St Marys will not be good after this year for years to come. Correct in saying they need to win it NOW

You don’t know what you’re talking about and there are families that will never choose Spalding.

Spalding? Better do your research.

Honest question - What are the major differences between Spalding and St. Mary's? Academically, athletics, culturally? They seem to come in about equal in online Maryland private school rankings. Is it just the "charming" downtown Annapolis local? I know kids that live closer to StM that Spalding.

My son toured and shadowed both. He did not end up choosing either, but if he were to have his pick between those two he would have chosen Spalding, and it wasnt close. Besides the grounds of St. Mary's being downtown on the water he didnt like a ton about it.