Originally Posted by Anonymous
is the good double holdback still on MadLax?
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.
Fwiw— he’s a single holdback. And he’s the only kid on Madlax 2028 who has ever been in the grade ahead. Meaning, yes, he’s the only “reclass” on the team. Couple kids started kindergarten late, technically “old,” but not technically reclasses

Sigh. Everyone in this discussion (who's being honest) calls "reclasses" any player with a include late (before 9/1) birthday who:
1) Repeated kindergarten
2) Started kindergarten or 1st grade a year late (this is a common PA thing with upper class athletes).
3) Took a Pre-First grade (common MD thing with upper class athletes)
4) Repeated a grade (could be athletics, developmental, or academic)

There are a million valid and less than valid reasons to do the above. But don't try to separate them out into groups based on sports validity. Nope, they get lumped together, partly because some lax parents use late starts intentionally for sports purposes, yes, even at age 5-6.

FACTS!!!! The “lacrosse families”. Know how to play the game and it starts pre K!!! It’s all very calculated by them in hopes to gain advantages! It’s not rocket science what they are doing! Rules should be changed to age based to stop the unfair practice of this and unfair advantages it can have. Period!

There are plenty of reclass kids who don't stand out and many have no idea they are reclassed. This ML kid gets repeated attention because too many errantly equate reclass with dominance which is not the case. The ML kid just happens to be extremely talented so he's a target of the spiteful reclass complaint crowd. As I've mentioned previously, I remember him scoring so many against my son's team when he played 2027 that a bunch of clown parents complained he was a reclass 2026 even back then. My much older son had a teammate that was similar, received all the spite from jealous parents, played big time D1 and never let it bother him. Here's hoping the same comes to pass for this kid and all like him. Kid hating trolls on parent forums are the lowest grade of humanity.

Hawks have a couple kids around same age as oldest ML holdbacks. But ML holdbacks are physically bigger and easier to spot. FCA holdbacks are obvious too. What set ML apart was using 5/4th graders to beat 3rd graders. But ML hasn't won since. Now other kids are catching up in size. So it's less of an issue. Regardless, FCA and Hawks will be the teams to beat this year and everyone else will be chasing them.
You’re clueless.