Originally Posted by Anonymous
is the good double holdback still on MadLax?
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.

Meh, I mean, who cares, yes, and my is on age and small for 2028 also, and he plays up with 2027s on occasion so I also encourage him to embrace it, because it's reality.

BUT the truth is also that he's been cut twice in the last two years strictly due to his height, explicit words from the coaches "too short" and "get some more inches for next year". So let's not pretend that the army of 6'2" "7th graders" has zero impact on the sport, or on rosters or playing time. Because if it didn't, there wouldn't be nearly as many 14 and 15 year old 7th graders playing in HoCo this spring.

No one is cut strictly on size. There are of tiny kids all
Over the place. Guess the ole coach wanted to spare your feelings.

uhh sure. maybe at zingos and carroll county public schools. show me a sub five footer stepping foot on the field at hoco elite or boys latin or landon.

You’ve clearly never seen a HoCo elite game. I’m not a ML parent but their attack line is tiny. They are all scrappy and effective.

Other teams have smaller kids as well.