Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone had a child that is a multi-sport athlete question about playing lax in college? My daughter is now undecided between two. Questioning can she do two in college (fool). Has it been done? I feel bad….she is stressed.

My advice is to recruit for both and see what offers come in etc. We had the same issue and early on made the decision for LAX over soccer. While she is excelling in LAX, soccer was always a love too. She is happy only playing LAX at the D1 level and when I asked if she thought about playing both, she said no way! There is year round practice, it's hard on the body in season, daughter will need some down time. Most importantly the friends and allegiance she has made with her teammates is priceless. While it's been a roller coaster of a ride (the recruiting process is brutal IMO) she is very happy only playing 1 sport. (One school offered both...) A well rounded student athlete is the best we can all ask for in our child.

While recruiting also remember at D1 if you think you are and maybe have been "ranked" high, if selected to a top program - you could be sitting on the bench waiting for your turn. Although top lax programs are all excellent schools, there are other schools just as if not better academically. Take everything into consideration.

I your daughter wants to play both perhaps a lower competitive level......