Originally Posted by Anonymous
Random observations from watching games at March Kickoff:

1) True Chesapeake, Bethesda, and NL looked small.
2) NL sideline was suprisingly chill. In the close games, the coaches never got amped up.
3) Redhots were not necessarily big, just super skilled. Recognized a coup attackmen from WCS (safe travels).
4) ML plays the most aggressive defense possible. If the team playing ML can handle their press, they will score frequently.
5) 91 has some fool parents.
6) 91 will win a game or two in Elite.
7) Bethesda got better and will hang with top teams. If you take them lightly, you could get upset.
8) The big ML kid was not a Rockburn Park (definitely didn’t play on Redhots).
9) Yes, ML lost twice, but don’t fool yourself, they are still very good. With their big kid, they can beat any team in HOCO. I’m NOT saying they will, but they’re capable.
10) True Chesapeake is gone have a long season. They have one midfielder who can score and a couple small/quick attackmen. That’s the list.

Overall agree with this. Red Hots did in fact have a few large guys as did Leading Edge. RH are pretty good. 91 beating True was a surprise IMO. BLC defense looks miles ahead of where they were last season and will be tough. NL didn't look small overall to me but their attack looks undersized IMO and struggled against bigger D.

Based on the Elite teams that were there it's looking like ML and NL are still slightly ahead of the rest of the pack but the gap is tightening. FCA and Hawks will prob be top of the division. I haven't seen Crabs play so who knows about them.
Witnessed multiple games this weekend. Agree with most of the above. I’d add:

NL doesn’t seem to have any star players, but a decent group of athletes.
Madlax looks really small (their big 47 wasn’t there, but I have heard he’s not that big anymore on the field). Their Attack line represent the 3 smallest players on the field, against any team they play. Their D looks athletic and fairly large.
BLC much improved at D. And some solid offensive players, perhaps a couple of Madlax castoffs. They won’t beat the top 4, but they’ll challenge for 5th place in the Elite.
True C— likely DFL in Elite.
91– will battle for wins against BLC and True. Will not beat the big 4.
No Crabs sighting

Saw Crabs in the Fall and they are improved, maybe not as much as FCA but they do seem to have added a few guys who all apparently ran into academic challenges right at the same time.
Eloquent

The reclass wave of the Baltimore teams will swamp the rest. With high school right around the corner it will only be a rough 2 years for NL,ML and the rest until puberty hits across the board. Big 47 is probably done with his first growth spurt but heard he's at 185lbs and hasn't lost any speed or quickness and his shot is even harder. It all balances out in the long run. The NL big attack will certainly be their focal point and if they can entice 47 away from ML NL would have a formidable attack pair. Not enough standout talent on any one DC team to finish top 3. Maybe they all meet up at DCE next year.
Haven’t seen scores from Baltimore Bloom. Any good action?