Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the thoughts in the LILJ rankings for LI. Still in pricess of releasing. I’ll say one thing for that organization, they do their homework. They know every team Inside and out. Say what you will, but it’s the most thought out ranking out there. Nothing else anywhere close.

The homework is sending a questionnaire to all the coaches. Each teams write up comes off what the coaches answered on the questionnaire. The rankings also come from the questionnaire. They ask each coach who they think will be competitive and who will be tough to beat.
100% true

You both just gave yourselves away. LILJ track what they consider the top teams/players very closely. They watch them multiple times during the season. They go to club events and throughout the summer. They research players that they notice thoroughly to include their highlight reels and recruiting website. If you aren’t aware of this it’s because your sons team isn’t what they consider good and they haven’t noticed or heard of your son. So your sons coach probably did just get the generic questionnaire, but I can assure you there was a lot more effort put forth in regards to strong teams. Don’t forget. Their new business model include the LI Games and other Allstar/highly selective events. They need to know who the top players are so they can get them to go to their new elite events. $$$$

My sons team isn’t StA’s or Chaminade but they are a top 20 team. LILJ is familiar with every kid that starts on the team and even some of the backups. They have seen the team play several times. Heck, they are even at his football games. Yeah, these guys absolutely do their due diligence. I’ve caught a couple of their podcasts and the comments that they make prove to me they are very knowledgeable about the subject matter.