Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couple of comments and observations pertaining to the World Series comments here.
There are no 15/16 year olds on Long Island playing on a 2028 team. Period.
Venom got an easy schedule. Don’t matter. They should make it far unless they come across the blue jays, 2 way, or bbl early
D bracket is by far the weakest.
There are several teams that were made strictly for the World Series. They wouldn’t even have a team if it weren’t for the intention of winning the World Series. We all know who you are. The whole blue jays thing is so shady. They don’t have a team at any other age group. They aren’t an organization. It’s an all star team. End of story.
BBL did their best to ensure a ticket to the finals. It will probably work.

For years these dads have dreamt about how little Timmy will dominate once these holdbacks are out of the mix. Here comes the rude awakening when they realize that many of the kids that have been smoking Timmy are actually the same age. Gotta find a new excuse to save dad's ego. "All of these non-LI teams are invalid. If they were excluded, Timmy would be a superstar like I've always dreamt of!" So sad.

Lol I didn’t mention holdbacks once. Your reading comprehension is poor. What I did point out is that there are certain teams that were put together this year and this year only for one reason and one reason only. They aren’t by definition a club. They are an all star team of “on age” kids (see prior reading comprehension comment). They are as close to the concept of colluding between clubs, which is against the rules, as you can be. Your lack of ability to read my post and understand the issue I voiced is actually the sad part. Not your made up perception of how I view my child’s abilities and the level of stardom I perceive he possesses.
But since you mentioned holdbacks, I’ll reiterate your point. But I’ll do so with some common sense. Please read it slowly and absorb prior to trying to respond. The reason that these very talented on age kids (nobody denied their talents) are forced to play for a team that really isn’t a team is because their team from last year will not qualify because they have older kids or holdbacks. Hence the problem with lacrosse in general and why it should be according to birth year and not grade.
And lastly, since you mentioned Long Island, I’ll jump on that point as well. Can’t let that misinterpretation slide as well. If someone wanted to form an all star team with the best of 91 and express and a few others from the remaining teams, there would not be an on age team in the country that could beat them. Im right. You know it.