Originally Posted by Anonymous
Think we will finally see Clemson in the top 25 this week. Took them five weeks to become a top 25. 😳
Think it is going to take a few years for Clemson to be a contender in the ACC but between the coaches, the new facility, and the campus, they are going to be very attractive for top talent and awesome transfers in the coming years. I also don’t recall a new team ever having a recruiting class like their incoming 23’s and 24’s

Most likely more than a few years before Clemson becomes a contender. Would be happy if any of my kids had the opportunity to attend Clemson and play for The Tigers but I believe it will be a while before they become competitive with the traditional top 10-20 programs. Even though the sport has grown we still do not see any real parity. There is a limited amount of talent and the top programs are for the most part all very good academic schools with a lot to offer in addition to competitive lacrosse. I think they have a good coach which is start but they still need to bring in the talent and apparently that is not so easy to do (Just ask the majority of coaches who rarely if ever crack the Top 20... that's about 95 coaches out of 120).

Tend to agree with you. People excited that they beat Duke, who is grossly overrated. Look at Dukes schedule. They try to ride on the reputation of the men’s team. Anytime they play a good team, they get destroyed. The stat padding is a joke. When Clemson is competitive with UNC, Cuse, we can start the conversation of how legit they are.

I detest Duke like most but they did go 6-2 last year in the acc and beat Boston college and lost to Syracuse by 2. They did get blown up by north carolina(who didn’t) and had a bad loss in the tournament but just because they play local in the “preseason” isn’t a reason to detest them. Let’s get back to hating them because they are Duke. My original point about Clemson stands. Their transfers will continue to be solid as the school is very attractive, their coach built a winning program at a school 1/10 the size at Richmond, and they are in South Carolina where the average winter temp is 55. Looking at their recruits for 23 and 24 and they are competitive to any of the top 10 programs. Not saying they will win a national championship in the next 5 years but think they are taking Floridas model and putting it on steroids and look to be top 10 consistently in the next 5 years is my opinion.

First off no one cares or comments on who Duke plays preseason ,what they detest is the fact that Duke plays against teams that are completely over matched during the season in all their non conference games and run up their stats . They do this to try and sneak into the Ncaa tournament by having an overall decent record while "playing" in the ACC and pad their players stats so they can get post season awards. Other teams play a highly competitive non conference schedule many times putting their NCAA tournament on the line doing so.

A 6-2 winning record in the acc should alone should get them in the tournament. As for non conference games, half of their out of conference schedule is identically to UNC, the other half unc played 3 top 25 teams and duke played 2. And mind you, UNC is the top team in the country and duke was 11-20. Again, I detest Duke but let’s not think there is some nefarious scheme.

First off lets see what those non-conference "ranked" teams are at the end of the year . Second I went back and looked and for the past two seasons Duke has played exactly 0 non conference teams that finish the year ranked at all. Those last two years of playing zero ranked teams came on the heels of a year in which they did not make the NCAA tournament in which they played multiple highly ranked non conference teams , coincidence , I think not.

So you want teams to be able to forecast which teams are going to be good after the year ends vs using their preseason expectations? You must be amazing at gambling and the stock market.