Originally Posted by Anonymous
Totally agree, NIL money is a pipe dream. You will be lucky to get a few free heads/sticks with any NIL deal. If you really want to help your kid out, make sure they get good grades. My 2023 had a great full tuition offer at a top 20 school, with a combination of academic and athletic aid. The academic award was 16K more than the athletic, leaving us with room/board to cover. More than anything else, kids with good grades (+3.5 GPA) will be the real winners.
We have all spent boatloads of $$$ on our kids travel teams, don’t fool yourself that this is more than an end game of playing 4 years in college while getting a good deal to attend a decent university. As much as I love the sport, Nobody is getting rich playing lacrosse.

NIL is a pipe dream?? What do you base that statement on?

NIL is a brand new phenomenon in college recruiting for lacrosse. In fact, this is the first year (the 2024’s) that it is being offered as a financial incentive for recruiting purposes.

Apparently you have a 2024 and you weren’t offered any NIL money?? Dude you have no clue.

My kid is a 2024 committed to a big time D1 school. We were promised between10k-20k per year by the HC in NIL money. That’s a total of 40k to 80k over 4 years

I know others offered same.

We’re not talking a free pair of slides here. Has nothing to do with that. This is Booster money. You need to do some research. It’s out there but this is still an emerging phenomenon as it relates to lacrosse.

Bottom line: if your son is being recruited, ask for it. Not all schools are getting involved in it. Yet. Ivy’s aren’t touching it. But looks like many (most?) D1 programs are.[/quote]
Please let us know when you see that check as promised. If you're choosing a school based on getting paid, good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the valuable insights, troll. Maybe it’s time to listen to wifey and find a job. There has to be more to life than trolling people on BOTC, no?[/quote]

Thanks for a complete untrue statement. You realize NIL information is all public. Not a single lax player on the list. Not one. None.