Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at previous years. Don’t get caught up. Lots of girls on red and grey rosters in the past have since committed to play D1. And by the looks of it, red and grey seem very equal. Black is the best YJ girls and one or two others. The tryout was obvious. It was intentionally set up with YJ girls - and then the others, who were barely watched. But maybe at this age, it’s about the experience. These girls have a lot of playing in front of them and lots will change in hs.

Great post - and very accurate
My daughter made red. Red is B. She is non YJ. Also curious if any non YJ made black.

Is she actually going to do it? No judgement at all. Just curious. Heard through the grapevine lots of girls who didn't make top team won't go.

She is going to do it with some other friends from her club who made it.

Heard there are a bunch of YJB and Legacy girls on the Red team.

what's the Legacy connection to YJ....that team at this age is not very strong - I think in the 50's last time I looked at USCL rankings

YJ partners with 1 or 2 clubs/directors from each region for AS. These clubs run tryouts, promote the event, provide coaches, "encourage" their players to attend, etc. I assume there is some financial incentive for the clubs, but I don't know for sure.

For LI YJ was never going to partner with TG, so I guess Legacy was next choice.

Why wouldn’t YJ partner with with TG?

Plenty of threads about that on this board. Safe to say it would be the LAST club on the island YJ would consider partnering with.