Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I must say, despite the spew of lies from our devout holdback parents to the contrary, hey… they are confirmed cheats, so they have as much credibility I find it refreshing to know that with the exception of a couple of St Anthony’s players, all of the incredible talent that flows out of LI to premier D1 programs is all on age.

Makes total sense when you think about it.

Holdbacks are holdbacks because they aren’t good. LI teams prefer “good” players over bad players. That’s why LI teams are sooooo good. Just common sense!

The best team in the grade has zero holdbacks and has never ever had one. Ranked #1 in the nation, since they’ve been ranking teams, more often than not.

Can’t remember ever losing to a MD holdback team. Crabs? Nope. Never lost. Hawks? Nope! Next Level? Nope. FCA. Not that one either. Looneys? Nope. How about that! Just realized, my sons LI team has never ever lost to a MD holdback team! And they have never had a holdback!

Don’t feel too bad Mr Devolder, very very few teams have beaten them over the past 10 years. But I suppose it is embarrassing to know that your holdbacks can’t beat a team that’s one and two years younger.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Every one of the on age players are committed to top D1 programs, most of whom will be doing so for little to no money. Even almost all of the backups are committed to D1 programs. And every single player is a high quality lacrosse player, student and human being. No old retread substandard holdbacks here.
Define premier D1 programs. Regardless of your definition the stats clearly show that LI is not a hotbed littering top D1 programs. You and Vinny, Rocco, and Joey will always have NLF 2018 to look back to (isnt that the year you ran home after losing.)
https://[Censored].com/2023/02/20/boys-committed-in-the-2024-class-from-long-island/
70 total commits for ALL of Long Island. 12 from private.
11 total to a top 25 team. 5 of the 11 to Army (thats why so many free)
And you never lost to MD teams because you barely left your backyard.

Hmmm. Off the top of my head… the 2024 Legacy team went undefeated and won Naptown the last two years in a row. And Team 91 LI went undefeated and won the Crabfeast last year. The two biggest tourneys in MD. Both DOMINATED by Long Island teams. You got any other tournies I can fact check for you??

Yeah, we go to MD a lot. Between you and me, it’s our little joke here on the island, t-shirts are a lot easier to come by in MD, where competition is spotty. Not saying there isn’t any good competition, since there can de some decent out of state teams there. But inevitably there are a lot of MD teams that dilute the overall quality of the tourneys.

Thanks for all the tshirts guys!

In MD, bigger is better. But on LI, better is actually better. Kinda makes sense if you really think about it.