Originally Posted by Anonymous
question from a 2025 parent here - my daughter tore her ACl this past fall and did not get to attend any of the fall tournaments. She will be able to play during summer, but will not be at her best since it will be less than ten months post surgery for her. I would say that my daughter is an above average player, she was at UA150 and the USA U16 combine last summer. We think that there might be some schools interested, but it is hard to tell since she is not from a lacrosse hotbed and coaches have not reached out to her club coach. Does this mean she has no interest? Or what should she be doing to increase her chances of getting recruited?

She is aiming for high academic schools, but we have not been seeing to much interest on our end due to her injury.

I’m sorry to hear this, I can imagine this is very stressful for you both. I would keep doing what you are doing. Keep updating those coaches on her progress and include training/PT workouts video, as well as any video you have from games. She will find a great school.