Originally Posted by Anonymous
Think about this as well when comparing MD/LI 4th/5th graders....a 10 year old is more than 10% older than a 9yo. Physically and mentally that's a big difference at this age. Would you ask a 4th grader to do the school work of a 5th grader?

Also, as of now, from what I have heard/read the MD/VA cutoff is 7/1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, logically one would conclude (from a statistical perspective) that 3/4 of MD/VA teams were born in one of 3 seasons (Summer, Fall and/or Winter of 12' and 13') - This is not including any holdbacks which I assume there are usually 1 or 2 (just like in LI). A holdback in MD/VA would be a kid that was born in Spring or early Summer of 12.

On LI, since the cutoff is December (either 12/1 or 12/30 I'm not certain) assume 90-95% of 4th grade kids are born in 13, it makes perfect sense to think that 3/4 of the MD/VA teams are at least 3/4 months -12 months older than LI teams...that's a big difference at this age. Once HS hits the physical and mental components tend to be smaller (except if your a holdback). I assume LI dad's saying we're playing against 11yo is just a joke/exaggeration to get the point across that on average, MD/VA kids are minimum of 3-4 months older and could be up to 1yr (+ on the extreme side of things).

The MD/VA teams are still going to be very good, but this new lax rule should level the playing field. Thoughts? agree/disagree?

Thanks LI mom, but certainly you can find a couple oversized on age kids from the large population you have up there. I have a note from my pediatrician that says little johnny is not ready for lacrosse and to not register him for school yet. 12/1 or 9/1 all kids grow, learn and develop at different ages and at different months of the year.
Bring on the new age lax rule! Then what will excuse be.