Originally Posted by Anonymous
We did them both last year. Seemed like a bit more talent at the Jr. Open but not as many coaches. Could be better this year. I am thinking you are right as far as MD girls will do the 150.

From an exposure perspective UA150 is definitely the strong event, though there are usually a bunch of girls there who don't belong.

One thing to consider -- UA150 has a combine. So if your daughter has great measurables, you probably want to do UA150 just for the combine for this reason alone. And before you ask, yes -- coaches really do look at combine results

Love the last sentence because that was what I was going to ask. I also say there are people that are going to Juniors that don’t belong as well. All of these events either applications or try outs are heavily influenced by club directors and relationships.

There is definite influence of club directors. UA150 usually has over 30 M&D girls and 20 Skywalkers girls. Similar states for YJ at Junior Open.

From what I've seen, it looks like UA150 also has some positional quotas as well. Saw some defenders from B teams who made it and some starting middies on top 20 teams who didn't.

There will be politics in any lax event, but based on past year's I'd say Best in Class is probably the "fairest" selection. Watching last year I could maybe name two girls who truly didn't belong. (and both were on top 5 clubs).