Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have a lot to learn my friend. You want to put your kid in the best possible position, you get him associated with a top club brand. Same as sending your kid to a prep school vs going to a no name HS. People spend 70k per year to send their kids to a Culver, a Deerfield, etc etc. LI kids go to St A’s or Chaminade to be on best possible team in order to optimize their opportunities for recruiting. And you’re telling me it’s ok to be on some no name club and that a good situation? Dude. It’s common sense. Pure and simple. You want to maximize opportunities, go with the best brands in the business. The best team out there. More often than not, thats Team 91. Fact. Not arguable. Express is a very strong brand too. In life, everything matters, and when it comes to college recruiting, brands matter big time! If what college your child goes to doesn’t matter to you or you are sure that your son doesn’t have what it takes to be a top player, then take my friends advice. Sign your kid up for some subpar budget brand club. But if you have reason to believe that your son could possibly be a top 200 player in the country for his grade, then do what’s best for him. No need for a 70k per year prep school. Simply sign him up with the best club brand you can get him on for 4K per year.

Your statement is not entirely fact, its more sheep talk if you ask me. If your kid is good he will get noticed no matter where he plays as long as it's a winning club. The problem herein lies when your kid is really good and has to carry a team that isn't. If your kid is really good and plays on a "top" club historically and doesn't get a chance to crack the rotation do they really get noticed by recruiters? The answer is no.
o

Agreed. The gentleman above is a 91 parent/coach or employee. Every club that plays at a high level has D 1 recruits on it. That includes 91,Express (most), Igloo, Legacy, Rebels, S2S, Turtles and so on. Every one of these clubs have had D 1 players. So if you are good enough they will find you. Stop with the 91 and Exprss nonsense. They are both very good clubs and the right fit for many. They are not the only option if you want your kid to have a chance at playing in college.