Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.