Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Honestly in terms of % improvement I would look at Gilman and LB honestly. Lots of opportunity. Huge freshman class of laxers.

In terms of pound-per-pound actual new talent my very strong guess would be McDonogh and St Marys though.

Most disappointing new classes in terms of (realistic) expectations: CHC, St. Pauls

X Factor: Boarding students at BL.

😂🤣🥲Got a big laugh at know-all-the-freshmen-at-every-school-dad. See your boy on the field.

Feelings so easily hurt......man, is that ever on-brand for BOTC. The prospect that someone, somewhere knows one iota of info/intel more than you is just burning you up inside!!!!! I detest to tell you, but the elite talent pool "box" from QA County, to Annapolis, west to Laurel, north to the PA line, and east back over to Stewartstown/York, then east to northern Harford County (the subject of the "MIAA 2026 talent" subthread), is pretty well known if you have coached at anything but the rec level over the past several years and watched the 2026s grow. If you only know the players on your son's team, that's fine but you'll have to reconcile that you are not the Dr. X of 2026 MIAA lax.

And yeah, neither am I, because I haven't seen the new BL boarders play yet. See how easy it is to admit that someone else knows more than you?

I have a bad feeling that you're a dad who believed his son's new coach "recruited him" to "make an impact all 4 years" but "can't give him a scholarship until he makes varsity, hopefully 9th grade!" "We'll develop him into a MIAA monster." Get ready for a trip to reality in 4 weeks. 140 kids at tryouts, 40 spots on varsity.