Originally Posted by Anonymous
So nobody has said whether or not the new incoming NL coach is responsible for all of this commotion. Perhpas just like the Looney's debacle, the coach is bringing his players with him, and to #@&( with the existing NL players. FCA made room for the Looney's coach and his players, pushed some of the FCA Blue team (ranked 71 2-4) players down to the White team (ranked 175, 0-6). Some players who came to tryouts where offered white team spots, because the blue team spots were already signed, sealed, and delivered before tryouts ever began, just a money grab. Those 2nd teams are just deposit boxes for parent's money. The 'promise' that boys might move up to the 1st are shallow.

So the rumblings online and talk by players is a St John's coach is taking over at NL for the Good Counsel (formerly St Andrews) coach. Any ideas if that is true?

Mehhhh I think 2nd teams serve a legitimate purpose (for utility players, bench warmers, and public school players) but I agree that the selling point of "one day maybe Jonny will get sent up to the major leagues" dream is not realistic.

Nothing wrong with those B teams but the best argument against them is why not just play your kid at a regular team at that level, Sidewinders, Rough Riders, Predators, etc. Yes I know those teams are all not elite. Neither is your FCA White, Crabs Hardshell, 91 "Practice Team" ML DMV, or Hawks Black, or NL Red player.