Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ Dad here.

We played them in a 20 minute game last summer. In terms of talent, they were probably better than us at 7 or 8 positions. However, their entire offense was 2 or 3 man games and there really wasn't much "flow".

Looking at their results so far this year. They have played in 2 west coast tourneys this year and won... ZERO of them.

Until they play as a team, I don't see this changing. I could see them beating a top 5 club as a one off, but tough to win a tourney.

However, if they every start to play as a team...

I can see this being the type of team that never wins anything but has college coaches drooling because of all the raw talent.

Unless the players on these types of national teams leave their current clubs (which they won't), this will not become a big part of the girl's side. There's only so many good tourneys outside the big ones that it's not even worth playing for one of these teams since all you will see is inferior competition. Outside mid-atlantic, I've never seen Alliance at another decent tourney. West Coast tourneys aren't something to brag about and as YJ Dad stated, they didn't even win.

On the boys side, it isn't take kids leaving their clubs. It's about creating an additional A+ team to elevate competition for certain tourneys. Look at Team 91 or MadLax for boys. For team 91 national, about 10-12 kids are from the Team 91 plus they add 8 other studs from across the country. I don't know numbers on MadLax but assume it is pretty much the same model

I think it will happen slowly over time and the top 10 clubs probably won't be impacted for a while and it definitely won't impact the 2027s in the next three years .

There is a team called Maryland select which is an all-star team from 3 or 4 mid-tier Maryland clubs which will play in a few tourneys as well this summer. Last year at AU Futures my LI daughter was asked if she wanted to play on that team.

Currently on the girls side, Mad Dog Elite is also a national team, which while not great is probably a legit top 40 national team.

However, to your point before, most of the girls on Alliance National and HHH National play on other clubs. Actually there are more Mass Elite girls on HHH National than HHH girls.

Team 91 is working harder to create girls national teams as well. Could impact 29s or 30s where they actually have a decent core of talent.