Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know why the madlax b team doesn’t play AAA? The A team has a lot of under used kids

No B team in any program is good enough to succeed in AAA, and programs like MadLax define success as challenging for the championship, and at least finishing in the top half of the division. MadLax would prefer to have them a division or two below AAA and potentially win a trophy.
You are right that the A team has under used kids, but I don't follow how that would affect the division placement of the B team, since the non playing A players are not on the B team. You would think that those families might request to go to the B team and get more playing time, but that rarely happens. The reason why those kids are under used is stated on MadLax web page, which is that their philosophy is play to win, which means some kids won't get on the field. Not a deal that I would take for my own son, but to each his own. The "short bench" philosophy is especially so on the A team because the team relies heavily on one player. Like it or not, MadLax has been making $$$ from travel lacrosse longer than any program around and their model is unlikely to change. Hope this helps!