Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the guy who posted… high D1 players are all holdbacks. Take a look at the top rosters. Pretty sure you’ll find my kid there and a huge amount of his Long Island friends there too who are 98% on-age. Long Island has the best players in the country and almost none are holdbacks. All run of the mill, on age public school kids, who have been beating up on older and far more privileged (yet inferior) kids since they were 7 years old. How you Splain’n that daddy-o?!!

Question for you. How are MD teams going to compete with teams from the island, once they do away with the cheater rule? Seriously. The only way MD competes with LI is by playing down a year, and you still usually lose. So how can you compete on age? There will no longer be elite teams in MD. Your top teams will be in the B division. Thinking you old boys didn’t think that through too well. Ya’ll might want to reconsider!

Spot on....I agree with everything said here . My son is younger but trains over the summer with one of the top D1 players in the country that lives on long island . The D1 player is not a reclass and when the subject was bright up he laughed and said how he thinks it's ridiculous. Unfortunately long island now hasany holdbacks with LI Express being. The worst offender . Go look at their 2027 AA team .....6 holdbacks

I’m not familiar with the 2027 Express team, but you could be correct. If any team on the island gets holdbacks, it’s definitely Express because of their association with St A’s and Chaminade. But I highly doubt they have 6. Never heard of a team with that many. Maybe 3. Rest of teams have basically none. 91 Wolfpack got their first-ever holdback last year (a favor). Nice player, but not considered an impact player. Never a holdback prior to that. Yet, over the past 10 years, that team is the most successful team in the grade. Absolutely not arguable. And they don’t recruit kids. Never have. 70% of the players have been on the team since it was initiated in 2nd grade. Haven’t had a new player since 2019 (other than the holdback previously mentioned). This is the model to follow. Work hard. Develop your players. It’s that simple. And it obviously works. Don’t need to be the biggest, the fastest or the quickest. Just need to be the best. Which is EARNED. Not given.
...and when you lose you go home #wolfpackupandleave May be on age but def low class.
Well, it's 1/31. According to the Inside Lacrosse article the NLF age verification rollout plan was to be made public by today. Anyone still believing this was going to be resolved quickly?

ZERO CHANCE Matt Chandick makes his living off of rich prep school hold backs.
Please explain this? I thought he made his living off of NLF events and media.

What is there to explain ,very simple . LI Express is the leader of holdbacks/reclasses on long island . As stated here it has only gotten worse each year that passes. This year his 2027 AA team (which is the grade to reclass for this year ) has 6 older kids (4 reclass and 2 holdbacks ).

Posted by an ananomous holdback parent who will do absolutely anything to discredit any facts that contradict their poor decision to hold back their kid. Sorry. Holdback parents have zero credibility. You’re obviously lying. Highly doubt that team has any holdbacks.

100% accurate . The 2027 AA express team has 6 older players on it. 4 reclassed kids and 2 holdbacks . I personally know parents/kids on the team . Undisputable fact .