Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s been entertaining reading all the comments - most of them uninformed from parents of players and people that generally have a limited understanding of how the businesses of club and tournaments work and how the business interests and operations can intersect. And there are outside forces like USA lacrosse and liability/insurance and insurance that do actually matter on top of that. The calculus around that always changes and now you are seeing the result of the current dynamic.

A few things:

1. Changes are absolutely happening starting now and will take time to be implemented.
2. Pay particular attention to what direction clubs provide at tryouts this coming summer. That will be very informative of how fast changes will happen. The future system 3 years from now will be imperfect like the current one, but hopefully less so.
3. This is a revenue opportunity for clubs and tournaments in youth and age verification costs will be passed through.
4. And more revenue with less liability and potentially leveraging new rules to reduce premiums. More profit.
5. Stating the obvious - whatever the system - The best players in youth will stay play on the best teams clubs (nlf or not) with pedigree and track record, but expect more parity in the future. The hot beds will still dominate like they do today.

If an anti-holdebacker wants to hasten the process, the best way is probably to send certified mail letters to tourney organizers (copying their insurance companies) and specifically noting that (1) they are not in compliance with the age recommendations of USA Lacrosse, (2) this increases the likelihood of serious injury to participants, and (3) they now have actual knowledge of this risk, so should expect to be held accountable accordingly. I don't think it would be that hard to pull off.

Wow dude. Why don’t you also throw in a couple of lawsuits for being looked at in a way that hurts your feelings. What a clown. You’re an example of what is wrong with our country. You know what you’re getting into with club lacrosse. Don’t like it? Go play rec or drop down a tier. Or yeah, let’s start pulling insurance companies into it, and maybe toss out a lawsuit.

I bet you threaten school systems when your kid gets sent home with a referral too. “Not my Jonny”

Only thing missing from this response is the obligatory “tell your kid to hit the wall” wisecrack.

I understand a parent wanting to play their kid up in age to push and challenge them, I wont ever understand a parent holding a kid back to play against younger competition. So you can make all the insults you want, you sir are the freaking clown.

Agreed, and I especially like the idea that the other guy is what’s wrong with the country while he is boldly exploiting a quirk in the rules to have his son play against younger boys, just like the Founders dreamed of.