Originally Posted by Anonymous
5-6 kids heading back to public schools.

Reality kicked in
They want a better education

No one “transfers” mid year. Tuition is already paid.
Happens more than you’re clued in on.

He’s not wrong. Every kid that “transferred” out of my sons school this past year was asked to leave for either behavior or academics.

From another MIAA dad: accurate. Last tuition payment is Feb 15. Down payment on tuition for next year due on April 15 (ish).

Forced transfers that I can think of in the last several months (to about last spring), at my son's school (generally transfering back to public schools, or one particularly "academically lenient" MIAA-C school):
1) 2nd offense, vaping on school grounds
2) 2nd offense, social media violation / bullying
3) 1st offense, threat of violence on school grounds
4) 1st offense, social media / online threat of violence
5) Academic - general failure to comply (refused to do homework, participate in class, etc)
6) Academic - honor code / plagiarism (multiple offenses)
7) Academic - facing expulsion with 3 Fs at the end of the school year (school rule requires expulsion)

And you can laugh it up, talking about "ha ha these are not elite student problems" and that's true, but my retort would be, how many months/years would each of these problems be allowed to continue at a public school?
forever...especially in schools that teach CRT

Please tell me the connection between critical race theory and kids vaping or plagiarizing. You win for densest comment of 2023 so far.