Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unsanctioned club tournaments don't need to follow any USA Lacrosse age recommended guidelines. If the NLFs, Adrenalines, NALs and other higher-level tournaments want to follow age verification, those tournaments will quickly become irrelevant for the top programs around the country that accept reclasses. These programs will seek to play in existing non-age verified tournaments (Naptown will never change) and a new set of power tournaments that will be surely created. It starts at the top and the top of the food chain is the NCAA. The NCAA will need put in say a 19-year-old max freshman enrollment age for all sports and then let the reclassing take place in college. Similar to taking a red shirt year which many freshmen already do. Until that day comes, our 2028s will be playing with reclass 8th graders this year and 9th graders next year whether you like it or not.

Mark Millon has entered the chat!

Don't worry, your 17 year old 10th grader will not be negatively affected in his recruiting.

You know very well that the club model is moving - rapidly - towards regional corporate acquisitions. Large corporations seek to (aggressively) limit liability. 3Step (who, after all, owns the Naptown event), NLF, Adrenaline, and alllll the way down to the Alohas of the world, will not want to add liability to their ledger just so 20 year old seniors can continue to compete against 16 year old seniors.

If I'm NLF, I know I am just one 4K live stream clip away from being ESPN-famous with a small kid getting airlifted off a field after taking a hit from a boarding school leviathan. The shareholders (or silent owners) will immediately ask, "Well, was there any one step we could have taken to say we're doing our due diligence here?" And what do you think their lawyer will say?

I doubt any of this will affect any age group above 2031s but you're kidding yourself if you think it's not coming - fast.

And don't worry, none of this will actually hurt your ROI when you sell T91 and Millon events after 2025 has headed to greener D1 pastures.

You sound unhinged.

No, he sounds spot on and you don’t like it because you are a holdback daddy.

Sorry. My son is not a holdback. Why do people think the only way to be elite as this level is to be a holdback?